A couple of months ago, I needed to bring snacks to my book club meeting. Naturally, I turned to Pinterest. After all, I’ve pinned 1000s of recipes. I should be able to find at least one that would work, and I did. Since then, I’ve made these BLT Wraps once more for a family Easter celebration (and semi-pot luck). They were a hit!
I love BLTs! During the summer, I will make them quite often. They satisfy without heating up the kitchen. When I’ve made the wraps, I turned them into appetizers, but I foresee making them a meal for my husband and me. They are a light alternative to a heavy meal. Perfect summer time food!
They are also super easy to make. You start by mixing together 1 cup Miracle Whip (or mayo), 1/2 cup chopped sun-dried tomatoes*, and 2 Tablespoons chopped fresh basil. Then, spread the mixture on each tortilla. Now, layer the tortilla with lettuce and bacon and add salt and pepper. Finally, roll it up.
To make appetizers, cut the tortilla rolls in thirds. Serve!
*When I made these for Easter, I changed them up a bit. I used 1 cup chopped FRESH tomatoes instead. OMG! Amazing! They are great with sun-dried tomatoes, but I think they are even better with fresh.
- 1 C. Miracle Whip (or mayo)
- 1/2 C. sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 2 Tbsp fresh, chopped basil
- 8 tortillas (burrito-size)
- 1 iceberg lettuce, chopped
- 16 slices bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
- salt & pepper
- Mix together the Miracle Whip, tomatoes, and basil.
- Spread evenly on each tortilla, reaching the edges.
- Layer the lettuce and bacon on the tortilla.
- Add a dash of salt & pepper.
- Roll up and either serve right away or cut up into thirds as an appetizer.
- Substituting fresh tomatoes (approximately 1 cup) and even the tortillas for a sun-dried tomato wrap is a great alternative!