Not long ago, I came across a recipe on Pinterest for Chorizo Chicken Bake. It looked amazing. I was most astounded that someone would think to put a different meat on chicken and serve it that way. I never would consider browning sausage just to bake it over chicken. It would never occur to me. I’m so grateful that it Carole at My Kitchen Escapades had the idea of combining chorizo with chicken. I hope you enjoy it as much as my family did.
Once you set your oven to 375° to preheat, you will want to start browning your chorizo (removed from the casing) over medium heat.
As the chorizo browns, spray a casserole dish (9×13 pan works great) with cooking spray. Then, you will lay 4-6 chicken breasts in the dish. I had huge chicken breasts so I only needed to use four.
By now, your chorizo should be brown. Now you will add a can of Rotel (not drained), 4 oz cream cheese, and 1/2 cup of sour cream to the meat. Mix everything together well, let it heat through for about 1-2 minutes, then pour it over your chicken.
Sprinkle at least 1/4 cup parmesan cheese over the chicken and place in the oven to bake for 45 minutes. Finally, pull it out of the oven and serve!
We ate our chicken with yellow rice. The combination of flavors with the rice put the chicken over the top! I look forward to making this again.
- 4-6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 10 oz pkg chorizo, removed from casing
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 1/2 C sour cream
- 1 can Rotel tomatoes (10 oz)
- 1/4 C freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Spray a casserole dish with cooking spray.
- Place the chicken in the pan, laying evenly.
- In a large skillet, brown the chorizo over medium heat.
- Add the tomatoes, cream cheese, and sour cream. Mix until well-blended and heated through.
- Pour the mixture over the chicken breasts evenly.
- Sprinkle on the parmesan cheese.
- Bake for about 45 minutes or until the chicken is done.