I’m a sucker. I’m a sucker for every little survey or quiz found on Facebook. Resist? Never. Resistance is futile (yes, I’m a geek). I want to know who should be my best friends for life and where I should live for the rest of my life.These are all-important, life-altering decisions! It helps to have an unbiased source in my decision-making. I’m positive that my favorite color and my favorite animal will tell me if I can survive the zombie apocalypse.
In the last couple of days, I’ve seen friends posting answers to a list of questions. I tried to ignore the urge to participate, but after scrolling by the list for the eighth time, I couldn’t stop myself. But, instead of answering on Facebook, as is typical of me, I decided to do it here. So, enjoy as I share 44 odd things about me.
1. Do you like blue cheese? Yes! I didn’t discover it until my late 20s, but it has been love ever since.
2. Have you ever smoked? Never
3. Do you own a gun? No
4. What is your favorite flavor? Oh, that’s a hard one. Probably strawberry (with a close second from blackberry)
5. Do you get nervous before doctor visits? Not normally, but I do try to avoid the doctor at all costs.
6. What do you think of hot dogs? At the ballpark or in NYC, they are perfect!
7. Favorite Movie? It’s a close tie between Return to Me and all the Star Wars movies.
8. What do you prefer to drink in the morning? Large Coke
9. Do you do push-ups? Not really. Okay, no.
11. Favorite hobby? This is child dependent. No kids around: Genealogy. Otherwise: Reading
12. Do you have A.D.D.? No
13. What’s the one thing you dislike about yourself? That I’m essentially lazy. I also don’t like my weight.
14. What is your middle name? Rae
15. Name three thoughts at this moment? “Crap, I forgot to buy penne for dinner tonight.” “I’m really starting to hate Disney, Jr. after 5 years.” “How many more minutes until Chris (my husband) gets home?”
16. Name 3 drinks you regularly drink? Water, Coca-Cola, Mountain Dew (I’m trying to give up soda but it’s so hard, y’all!)
17. Current worry? Dinner.
18. Current annoyance right now? Trying to get endless mud and dirt stains out of my girls’ clothes.
19. Favorite place to be? Wherever my family is.
20. How do you ring in the new year? Eating appetizers while watching TV.
21. Where would you like to go? So many places! Hawaii is number one at the moment.
22. Name three people who will complete this? LOL! This part always cracks me up on these lists. Honestly, I don’t care. I’d love to read them but I did this for me.
23. Do you own slippers? Maybe? I tend to go barefoot, even in winter.
24. What color shirt are you wearing right now? Yellow.
25. Do you like sleeping on satin sheets? I’ve never tried. I doubt I would. Don’t they get warm?
26. Can you whistle? Nope. I blame it on playing the flute.
27. What are your favorite colors? Red and green.
28. Would you be a pirate? No, but I wouldn’t mind being a pub wench.
29. What songs do you sing in the shower? Lately, a selection of songs from Disney, Jr., then I think of drowning myself. It’s sad. So sad.
30. Favorite girls name? Aurora (Chris refused to let me name our girls that. Darn him!)
31. Favorite boys name? Samuel.
32. What’s in your pocket right now? I don’t have any pockets right now.
33. Last thing that made you laugh? A meme. Don’t remember which one it was but it was funny!
34. Best toy as a child? Fashion Plates.
35. Worst injury ever? Umm…everything related to my suicide attempt.
36. Where would you love to live? If money wasn’t a concern, California. Otherwise, I’d love to live in St. Louis or Kansas City.
38. How many TVs do you have? 3.
38. Who is your loudest friend? Jenny, I think. Or maybe my sister.
39. How many dogs do you have? One.
40. Does someone trust you? Yes.
41. What book are you reading at the moment? Undead and Unappreciated by MaryJanice Davidson.
42. What’s your favorite candy? Haribo’s Sour Gummy Bears.
43. What’s your favorite sports team? The University of Kansas Jayhawks. Duh.
44. Favorite month? October.
What to join in? Then copy and paste the list and post to your Facebook feed or answer a couple of the questions in the comments!