As I’ve mentioned before, and will likely mention again, I love pizza. I’ve had a love affair with pizza since I was a little girl. So, when I saw a recipe on Pinterest for a pizza appetizer I had to pin it. It looked simple, easy, and delicious.
The recipe, for Crescent Pepperoni Roll-Ups, has been floating around Pinterest for years. It was one of my first pins, but I only recently tried it on Christmas Eve. These pizza roll ups were a HUGE hit with my in-laws. I don’t blame them. It was a flavorful treat. Now, I’m kicking myself for waiting so long. I should have made this the week I pinned it. Darn it! I’ve learned my lesson.
I preheated the oven to 375. Then, I opened a can of crescent rolls (regular size, not that jumbo stuff) and separated the triangles (there are 8 in each can).
On each triangle, I placed 5 slices of pepperoni, a half of a mozzarella cheese stick, and a dash of Italian seasoning. I rolled each triangle, starting at the long end. To finish up, I sprinkled each roll up with a dash of garlic powder then put them in the oven to bake for 12 minutes.
When the roll ups were done, I served them with a bowl of pizza sauce to use as a dip. Delicious!
- 1 can crescent rolls
- 40 slices pepperoni
- 4 pieces of mozzarella string cheese, cut in half
- Italian seasoning
- Garlic powder
- Pizza sauce
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Unroll crescent rolls and separate into 8 triangles.
- Place 5 slices of pepperoni on each crescent triangle.
- Place string cheese half on top of pepperoni. Sprinkle with a dash of Italian seasoning, then roll up.
- Sprinkle rolls with garlic powder.
- Place rolls on baking sheet and bake for 12-15 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Serve with warm pizza sauce.