I love my slow cooker! When I was single and working full-time, I could put together a meal and let it cook all day as I worked. As soon as I got home, I would smell a wonderful dish ready to eat. What could beat that?
I may be a full-time stay-at-home-mom now, but I still rely on my crock pot. In the summer, it is the perfect way to cook a dish without heating the house by using the oven. Am I the only one who avoids using the oven in the summer?
When I saw this recipe for Slow Braised Beef Bits on Pinterest, I was intrigued. There was a problem though. I called for roasting in an oven for 3 hours. My oven on for three hours in the summer? Nope. Not going to happen. So I decided to try the recipe in my slow cooker instead. I’m glad I did. It turned out amazing!
I seasoned 2 pounds of stew meat with kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper then placed it in my slow cooker.
In a bowl, I mixed together 1 can golden mushroom soup, 1 can cream of mushroom soup, 1/2 cup beef stock, 1/2 cup sherry wine, 1 tablespoon cornstarch, 1 teaspoon onion powder, 1 teaspoon paprika, and 1 tablespoon dried thyme. I added 4 beef bouillon cubes to the bowl, then, I poured it over the stew meat.
- 2 lbs cubed stew meat
- Kosher salt & fresh cracked black pepper
- 1 can cream of golden mushroom soup
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1/2 C. beef stock
- 1/2 C. sherry wine
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 Tbsp dried thyme
- 4 cubes beef bouillon
- 10 oz. mushrooms, halved
- 1 large shallot, chopped
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- Salt & pepper the stew meat.
- Place the meat in the slow cooker.
- In a small bowl, mix together both soups, beef stock, wine, cornstarch, onion powder, paprika, and thyme.
- Add beef bouillion to the bowl then pour on top of the meat in the slow cooker.
- Add the mushrooms, garlic, and shallot to the slow cooker.
- Cover the slow cooker and cook on low for 9-10 hours.
- Serve with mashed potatoes, noodles, or rice.