I first discovered Ro*Tel® nacho dip as a teenager. I fell in love! Ever since then, I’ve had a love affair with queso dips. My favorites are at Mexican restaurants, but I’m not limited to those. If it has cheese, I’m usually happy. Of course, I find it easiest to make the Ro*Tel® dip so I make it often. I’m always on the lookout for a good variation or something new.
The other night, when the bracket was announced for the NCAA tournament, my husband and I decided to make appetizers for dinner. He made some tasty bacon-wrapped meatballs and pizza roll ups while I made this Slow Cooker Taco Dip that I found on Pinterest. I couldn’t wait to try it, and I’m glad we did. It tasted great! Even better? It was super easy to make.
I sautéed 1/4 cup chopped red onion and 2 cloves minced garlic in 2 teaspoons of olive oil for until the onions became translucent.
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1/4 C red onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 1 Tbsp sour cream
- 1 lb Velveeta cheese, cubed
- 1 can (10 oz) Ro*Tel diced tomatoes
- Saute onion and garlic in olive oil until translucent.
- Add ground beef and brown.
- Put beef mixture into slow cooker.
- Add taco seasoning and stir together.
- On top of beef, add sour cream, cheese, and tomatoes.
- Cover and cook for 2-3 hours, stirring after the first hour.