Today is one of my favorite days of the year. I enjoy the parades. I love the food. I love it when I can spend the time with my family. And, I even don’t mind the football. It is a great day, almost every year.
It is also a day to be thankful for many things. I’m not one to post what I’m thankful for once a day throughout the month of November. I’m thankful everyday of my life. However, I do like to say some extra special thanks on Thanksgiving.
I am thankful for….
2. being alive. God has saved my life a few times. I am so grateful for my second and third chances.
3. my fabulous and loving husband. He is my best friend. My partner in crime, parenting, and life.
4. my first-born daughter, Ginny. She frustrates me, but also makes me laugh and smile every day.
5. my youngest daughter, Grace. She is stubborn and headstrong. She knows what she wants and goes for it. She’s also loving and sweet.
6. Daisy Mae, my dog for the last 10 years. She brings me love, joy, and comfort.
8. my younger sister. She has been part of my life since I could remember. She supports and loves me. Oh, and I love her.
9. my in-laws. My husband wouldn’t be who he is without them. They also love and adore our girls.
10. my extended family. All my aunts, uncles, and cousins are amazing. They have my back. I have their back as well. Their love and support has helped to carry me through some pretty tough times.
11. being able to be a SAHM. It is my favorite job so far. It gives me the opportunity to be with my girls every day.
12. “Me” time. About once a month, I need a few hours to myself. My husband is incredibly supportive and makes sure I get that time.
13. the NWS, my husband’s employer. My husband is a happy man because he gets to do what he loves. His office is full of amazing people who work with each other.
14. my other Weather Widows. They “get” it. It is nice knowing you aren’t alone.
15. my alma mater, The University of Kansas Jayhawks. My four years of school there transformed my life and shaped me. My passion for the school continues and will continue throughout my life.
16. my KU Jayhawks men’s basketball team. I look forward to college basketball season every year because of them.
17. the St. Louis Cardinals. My love for baseball is only enhanced by seeing my favorite team play every year.
18. the MOMs Club of Sangamon County. They have given me the opportunity to interact with other SAHMs and give my girls a chance to interact with other children.
19. blogging. It gives me an outlet to put out what I think and an opportunity to do something I love, write.
20. my blogging friends and community. I love the support, ideas, and sense of community they bring to me. I don’t feel like I operate in a fish bowl because I know they are there to read what I write.
21. my blog followers. I’m so grateful that people enjoy what I write and keep coming back.
22. my Sistatwin, Dawn. She and I are alike in so many ways, but different enough that we don’t bore each other. LOL! I’m so glad God brought her into my life.
23. Catholic Match. This matchmaking website not only brought my husband into my life, but also many friends.
24. the Pinkies, the women of Catholic Match. We frustrate each other at times, but their support means the world to me.
25. my friend Amy Anne. She is an inspiration to me.
26. all my FB friends. It is amazing that you can actually be friends with over 300 people, but it is possible.
27. Facebook for keeping me in touch with old friends as well as new ones.
28. Twitter. It keeps me entertained and informed.
29. my home. It shelters my family and me.
30. my health. I’m thankful that I’m healthy, especially considering all the health challenges I’ve faced in my life.