Toddlers are a lot of fun, but shopping for them can be a challenge since they are often too young to express what they want for Christmas. I have two toddlers. One is 13 months old and the other 2 1/2 years old. They both follow the toddler rules of play (if it is a toy, it is mine) so whatever we give one, the other will play with it. My youngest loves to explore everything and has not shown any preferences. My oldest, on the other hand, loves to build tents, dress up, and has favorite T.V. programs, like Doc McStuffins and Mickey Mouse Clubhouse.
No matter what, though, finding good gifts for the little ones can be a challenge. If you are still looking for a gift, here are some great toddler gift suggestions for your 1-3 year old toddler.
1. Dress Up Clothing and Accessories ($5-$40) Older toddlers have hit the stage of imaginary play and most love to dress up and pretend. You can buy them a superhero cape (or even make one), a dress, a doctor’s coat, and much more. I particularly love (a) Superhero in a Box ($19.99) and (b) Princess Jasmine ($25.99), but there is much more you can choose.
2. Playhut Crawl & Play ($29.99) What is more fun that creating a tent to crawl in and play with? Having one ready-made, of course!
3. Eenie, Meenie, Miney, Mini Cooking Set ($24.95) My girls love to pretend like they are cooking. This set has several great pieces to let your little ones’ imaginations soar.
4. Kid Tough Doodle Travel Pro ($12.99) I love this idea! It would keep my girls busy without a big mess. The big bonus is I won’t have to keep track of crayons or paper while we are on a road trip. 🙂
5. Plan Toys Fraction Fun ($17.99) Being a former teacher, I can’t help but love this toy. It teaches little ones fractions in a fun way.
6. Stacking Train ($16.99) A neat toy for a little one to learn how to stack and sort. Then they can just play with the train.
7. Can’t Spell ABC Abacus ($29.00) An abacus is always a lot of fun. This toy has letters and numbers for little ones to explore as they move them around and spin them too.
8. Circus Finger Puppets ($13.99) These little puppets are perfect for little fingers and imaginations. You can even put on a show for your child using them.
9. Snakey Segment Puzzle ($19.95) This creative puzzle helps toddlers learn how to do a very basic puzzle as well as their numbers and colors.
10. Little Tikes Tap-a-Tune Drum ($12.99) I love this gift so much that I got it for my youngest who loves to bang on everything like it is a drum. It is a basic drum. No batteries or annoying music to go with it. Perfect.