2015 did not turn out how I imagined it would, well, not exactly. With a baby on the way, I knew life would get busier but I thought I would still keep writing on this blog 2-3 times a week and even start a book. It’s almost laughable how optimistic I was.
In the past year, I gave birth to my third daughter, sold a house, and moved into a new one. In the last two months, my girls trick-or-treated; we had a housewarming party; my parents came to our home for Thanksgiving; we hosted Christmas with my in-laws; and I drove with my girls to St. Louis to visit my aunts, uncles, and cousins. In a few hours, my best friend will arrive for New Year’s Eve. Life has been busy. Too busy to write, as of late.
For the next year, I hope, no, I plan to start writing on a regular schedule again. It will be hard to get into the routine with my three little girls to care for, but I will find a way to make it happen. What will help is that there will be no major holidays in the next few months and no plans to entertain. I will write!
In terms of writing, it has been an exciting year for me. I became a contributor for the Huffington Post and What the Flicka? and joined a few new writing groups. Beyond writing more often, I want to submit my writing to even more places and even get paid to write (for a change).
Even though I didn’t write as often as I usually do, I did have several popular posts on the blog. I thought I’d share my top 10 posts of 2015.
- Stop Fat-Shaming I’m so proud that this ended as my number one new post. It’s also the post that led to me being a contributor for the Huffington Post.
- Skin Experiment: Rodan + Fields Review I wrote three posts as part of the review. All three were among my top posts. I decided to group them as one.
- Bullseye: Target Gets it Right I couldn’t help but go off on people losing their minds over a change Target made in their stores. Another post I’m proud of and thrilled made my top 10.
- Fear, Hope, and a Baby…. It turns out a lot of people were curious about the sex of my baby.
- What NOT to Say to Pregnant Moms Of course, I had people who disagreed with me and said I was a whiner. Whatever, I still stand by this post (even though I was hormonal when I wrote it).
- 11 Reasons Why Buyers on House Hunters Drive Me Nuts This resonated with a lot of people. Yeah, we know the show is staged, but it would be nice if it felt more “real.” However, I can’t stop watching.
- 12 Movies of Christmas My last post of the year talked about my favorite Christmas movies.
- Night Owl I discussed the struggles we have getting our middle daughter, Grace, to sleep. I learned I wasn’t alone.
- Being an Older Mom I shared how I came to be an older mom.
- I’m Done Oh, I grumbled about my pregnancy. It was a rough one, and I was over it.
Now, what I find most interesting, looking at the past year on my blog, is that I had several older posts more popular than my new posts. (Thanks, Pinterest!)
Here are 5 posts from the past that people are still reading:
- Slow Cooker Cheeseburger Soup
- Chicken with Creamy Provel Sauce
- Pumpkin Spice What?!?
- 7 Things No One Told You About Having Kids
- Our Loss
Thanks to all of you for reading my blog this year! I appreciate every person who takes the time to read my words. Happy New Year!