My Typical Monday

My Typical Monday

Before I gave birth to Sweet Pea, two and a half years ago, I used to write blog posts two to three times to week. Since I’ve had her, I’m lucky if I get in two posts a month. Basically, going from two children to three made my life busier than I ever imagined.  To give you an idea of my schedule, I thought I’d share my typical Monday with you.

7 a. m.

I’m blessed with a wonderful husband who wakes up at 6, gets ready for work, then gets our girls ready for the day. At 7, my oldest, Gigi, wakes me up to give me a hug and a kiss before she heads to the bus stop.

7: 15 a.m.

My husband wanders in our room. I’m still trying to convince myself to get out of bed. He gives me a kiss and heads off to work. I grudgingly get out of bed and head to the bathroom to get ready for the day.

7:30 a.m.

After doing the basics and pulling on a pair of yoga pants for the day, I head to the living room where I find my middle daughter, Peanut, on the potty playing a jigsaw puzzle on my iPad. Sweet Pea anxiously watches and hopes for a turn. I grab hair brushes and brush hair, with drama from my girls. 

If I have time, I check Facebook to make sure I have posts scheduled for my Pampered Chef virtual parties. If I don’t, I panic and schedule a couple and plan to do the rest later.

7:45 a.m.

After putting socks and shoes on plus our coats, we head out the door to take Peanut to preschool.

7:49 a.m.

I realize we left Peanut’s backpack at home. I turn around then run in the house, grab the dang thing (which we have to take because my 5-year-old refuses to potty train and it has a change of clothes), and hope to make it to preschool on time.

8:10 a.m. 

We arrive at Peanut’s preschool. Sweet Pea and I drop her off and leave to buy groceries.

8:20 a.m

Sweet Pea and I arrive at the grocery store. Sweet Pea loves to go and is eager to help. By the time we reach the bakery, she’s begging for a “do-ut” (donut). The bakery gives away free donut holes to little ones; Sweet Pea never forgets. 

9:05 a.m.

After checking out with the same cashier we see every week, we head home.

9:10 a.m.

As I drive home, I realize I haven’t had caffeine yet. Oh, and I’m hungry. I know I shouldn’t do it but….

9:20 a.m.

I stop at McDonald’s and buy a couple of breakfast burritos and a large Coke. At least, that is my intention, then I hear Sweat Pea chanting: bwito, bwito. So, I add a burrito to my order for her. After all, she only ate a small piece of peanut butter bread for breakfast (the only thing we can get her to eat at home).

9:30 a.m.

Home! Now I unload the groceries as I sit Sweet Pea down to eat her burrito and watch Splash & Bubbles on PBS.

9:45 a.m.

I sit down and eat my breakfast. Once I finish eating, I throw a load of laundry in the washer.

9:55 a.m. 

I go to my girls’ bedroom (they all share a room) to make their beds (every other week I change the sheets) and clean their room. 

10:15 a.m. 

Phew. A free moment to sit. I get on Facebook again and try to schedule the rest of my posts. Then, if I have another minute, I play a game.

10:35 a.m.

Time to hustle out the door to pick up Peanut! Of course, Sweet Pea has removed her shoes and socks. I have to find them and put them on in a rush.

10:55 a.m.

As soon as I arrive at the preschool, I notice that the teacher is already briefing parents on what happened that day. Once she’s done, we pick up Peanut and head back to the car to go home.

11:20 a.m.

Home again! Now I change Sweet Pea’s Pull-Up (unless I changed it right before we left). I pick up the living room and hallway.

11:45 a.m.

I ask the girls what they want to eat for lunch. I’m lucky if I get a straight answer. Eventually, I get them their food and start working on mine.

12:15 p.m.

The girls finish lunch, and I’m finally able to eat my lunch. I sit with a book and read as I eat.

12:30 p.m.

Quiet time!! My girls go to the playroom to play by themselves for 2 hours, giving me a break. Now is the time I spend working on my Pampered Chef business (creating new graphics, outlining new shows, following up with customers, scheduling posts) and just taking a moment for myself by streaming the latest Netflix show I’m watching (right now that is Longmire). 

1:00 p.m. 

Peanut comes out and asks if quiet time is over. I say no and send her back. Then I remember I never switched the laundry and do that.

1:45 p.m.

Peanut reappears this time asking and then complaining that she doesn’t want to play with Sweet Pea. She gets sent back and told she is not allowed to kick Sweet Pea out of their room.

2:30 p.m.

The girls are distracted by playing and have forgotten that quiet time is over. I let them know it is time to clean up.

2:45 p.m.

Gigi arrives home from school. She rushes in and asks, “Can I go to C’s house?” I never give a straight answer until she shows me her folder, and I check ClassDojo to see how she behaved at school. Then Gigi does her homework.

3 p.m.

I let Gigi go see her friend if the weather is okay. I check the playroom. It is still a mess. Crap. I tell Peanut to work on cleaning her room. She yells, “I don’t like cleaning.” I think, “I hate cleaning too” then tell her that she needs to clean it because she made the mess. Then, I try to finish whatever work I have left. 

3:30 p.m.

Oops! I forgot about the laundry…again. I head to switch it and discover that I forgot to start the dryer. So, I start the dryer and hope for the best. I check the room again. Not clean yet. I tell Peanut that if she has any hope of watching TV today she needs to finish.

4 p.m. 

The room is clean (or relatively). It’s a miracle. The girls watch Disney, Jr. Gigi comes home. I sit down again, hoping to finish any work I need to get done. I even think to myself, “Maybe I’ll find time to write.” It doesn’t happen because I’m busy answering questions and talking to my girls.

4:30 p.m.

My husband comes home! Hallelujah! The girls excitedly greet their dad but then focus on the TV again. Chris and I catch up with each other on our days.

4:45 p.m. 

I start working on dinner (unless it is Chris’s turn to cook). 

5:30 p.m.

Dinner time….our two oldest argue about who sits next to me and who sits next to Sweet Pea. Once decided we sit and eat.

6:15 p.m.

I clean the dishes while my husband helps the girls get ready for bed.

6:30 p.m. 

I take a shower and change into PJs.

6:45 p.m.

I take Sweet Pea to bed, if she hasn’t napped in the afternoon. By 7, she’s asleep.

7:15 p.m.

We put Peanut to bed and pray it won’t be the fight it usually is.

7:45 p.m.

Gigi goes to bed. 

7:50 p.m.

Gigi announces that she forgot to go to the bathroom. She stands there until we acknowledge we heard her. We tell her that she gets to go to bed 5 minutes earlier tomorrow because she didn’t use the bathroom before bed.

8 p.m.

Chris and I sit down together for the evening. This is our time together to reconnect and spend time together.

10 p.m.

My husband puts on his CPAP and goes to sleep. I stay up and enjoy time without anyone needing me. Then I remember I forgot to switch the laundry, but realize Chris noticed and did it for me. Eventually I go to sleep too, usually around 11 but sometimes earlier and rarely later.

And that is my day! The rest of the week isn’t much different with errands needing to be run, cleaning to do, and more.



%d bloggers like this: